Once an online, written or verbal booking has been accepted by Mia -Alternative Therapist, the client will have entered into an agreement to have a treatment based on the following conditions:
- That the client
makepayment either by cash or cheque, either prior to or immediately after each treatment, thank-you.
- A minimum of 24
hours-noticeis required from the start of a client’s appointment time if a change or cancellation is to be made to the appointment time or date.
- If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the appointment a cancellation fee of 50% of the treatment price is applied.
- Treatments and the prices listed are subject to change. Notification of changes will be made at initial contact, although this may not always be possible. It is the responsibility of the customer to check prices prior to treatment.
- Mia has the right to refuse or discontinue a treatment at any point.
- Circumstances where this may apply include, but are not limited to:
- The client is under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
- Recent surgery
- The client behaves in an inappropriate or offensive manner
- The client is or becomes
unwelle.g. fever, digestive upset, allergic reaction, seizure, fainting
- Clients under the age of 18 are welcome if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be asked to give signed consent to treatment. They will also be asked to remain present for the duration of the agreed treatment.
- Treatments conducted by Mia are not a substitute for proper medical diagnosis and treatment. At no time will a client be encouraged to stop medical treatment or reduce or change their prescription drugs without prior discussion with a GP or consultant first. It is also the client’s responsibility to consult with their GP and get approval before any treatments can commence.
- During a client’s treatment consultation Mia will need to collect personal information which is important for our client-therapist relationship and will be used to tailor treatments. This information is strictly confidential. We will maintain its accuracy by updating it as advised by the client.
- Mia’s treatments may at times address specific personal issues, challenges or general conditions in a client’s life or profession. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential with the exception of any information which, if withheld, may result in danger to the client or others.
- All records held in respect of the client will be retained for a period of at least 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given. In the case of treatment to minors, records will be kept or at least 7 years after they reach the age of majority (18).
If at any time you are unhappy with the treatment provided or the process of the services offered, please contact Mia on phone no. 07725400346 in the first instance to find a resolution. If you would prefer to put your complaint in writing please e-mail this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mia aims to respond to your complaint within 10 working days. If she cannot reply to you within this time, she will let you know and tell you when you can expect a reply.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the rights to request access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection and receipt of your personal information in a usable electronic format and to transmit it to a third party (right to portability).
Mia is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that she has not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO may be contacted via its website which is https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, by live chat or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Mia is insured and registered with BALENS (Specialist Insurance Brokers for Complimentary Therapists). The contact details for any queries is as follows:
Balens Ltd, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, WR14 2TA