Mindfulness Based Living Course
In this fast-paced world of 24-hour news, digital, and social stimulation, our brain is processing beyond its natural capacity. It has never seemed more essential than it is today to practice mindfulness.
Due to our modern lifestyles there is a disproportionate amount of people in the world suffering from stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia and other chronic health conditions and it’s on the rise. People are desperately seeking some peace of mind.
We are the only species on the planet who spend our lives ruminating over and regretting the past or worrying about what may or may not happen in the future. We spend our lives in our minds, so much so that we are only aware of, and living 50% of our lives.
The compulsive thinking we have developed in our minds stimulated 24 hours a day 7 days a week, has a negative impact on our health and immune functioning. The more we get caught up in ruminating over things, dwelling on issues, and just getting caught up in repeating loops of thought, decreases our energy levels. We are then prone to low mood, and poor health. The more we feed negative thought patterns, the stronger they get: it is a vicious cycle.
Believe it or not, most of it is not our fault. We have been subliminally conditioned over generations to think and behave in this way.
Practising Mindfulness daily helps us find that peace through regulating the nervous system, lowering blood pressure, heart rate, build inner resources of resilience, and confidence, thereby finding inner stillness.
Regular daily Mindfulness practice has been proven to:
- reduce stress,
- chronic pain,
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders,
- improve sleep patterns,
and many other conditions that affect our ability to manage our day to day lives.
This is an 8 week Accredited Mindfulness Based Living Course by the Mindfulness Association in the UK delivered by Mia Middleton.
This course can help you understand the reasons why we are such compulsive thinkers, how this affects our health, our self-worth and life opportunities, and offers effective tools to address these issues.
The weekly support from your tutor also helps you to maintain your learning and progress.
It furnishes you with a library of tools and techniques to assist you in your Mindfulness journey and also offers you an on-going life-long community of support to help you build on your mindful way of living.
How I will Learn
- The Course will be delivered in live online sessions using the Zoom application with the Tutor.
- The duration of the class will be 2 hours once a week. Each 2 hour session will have a 10 minute comfort break halfway through.
- These sessions are experiential, which means group participation will help to activate our learning and change.
- You will be introduced to a range of tools and techniques including a journal to record and integrate your learning into daily life.
- As well as weekly support and access to audio downloads you will also receive daily motivational texts from me to help maintain your practice.
- There will be a full day of practice in between weeks 6 and 7. (Attendance is a requirement for your certification of completion). We will deepen our practices and iron out issues and difficulties that we naturally experience on our mindfulness journey.
- In addition to this full package to assist in your Mindfulness development, you will be part of a growing movement creating the most incredible wave of change all over the world. You will also have the option of becoming a member of the Mindfulness Association, where you can access further training in Mindfulness.
Reviewing our Journey and After Care
At the end of the course, there is a review of the participant’s progress, which we organise a month after completion. The review will be 4 hours from 10am-2pm.
In the review, we will explore how we each have experienced our lives since the end of the course. We will revisit a few practices and plan the best way for the group to move forward to support progress.
Participants on this course will have the option to join The Mindfulness Association UK and continue with further training if they wish to do so. They will also have access to life-long support to maintain their mindful way of living.